To be eligible for the OOHR Program, the applicant and property to be rehabilitated must meet the following criteria:
- Have a gross household income of 80% or less of the Area Median Income (AMI), based on household size. Proof of income is required.
- Legally own the housing unit to be rehabilitated and the property on which it is located. This includes the property on which manufactured or mobile home housing units are located.
- Have resided in the housing unit to be rehabilitated as a principal residence for the past 12 months, and currently reside in the property as a principal residence.
- Be located in an unincorporated area of Pinal County or in the cities of Eloy, Florence, Mammoth, or Maricopa.
- Not be located within a 100-year floodplain ("A" zone).
- Be one of the following types of properties:
- Traditional single family housing
- A condominium unit
- A manufactured home built after 1976, including a mobile home
- Must be permanently attached to a foundation at the time of project completion.
- Must be connected to permanent utility hook ups at the time of project completion.
- Be free of any encumbrances such as liens or judgments. Properties may be encumbered by a mortgage in first position so long as a financial institution or other such mortgage company holds that mortgage.
- Be current on mortgage payments, insurance premiums, and property and assessment taxes.
- Be insured for fire and liability protection in the form of fire and liability insurance.