I experienced property/structure damage from a flood, what assistance can the Pinal County Flood Control District provide me?

If your house or property was flooded during a storm event you should contact the Pinal County Flood Control District. A representative will contact you and/or visit the site to review the cause of the flooding and can provide information on how to remediate the damage to the structure or property. District staff can also provide maps and additional resources that may help protect the property and structures from future flood events. In addition, repairs to the structure or alterations to the property may require a floodplain use permit.

Other than providing advice and information, the District is limited in the type of assistance that can be provided to residents. The Pinal County Flood Control District is prohibited from spending public money on private property. Pinal County can only expend resources on public infrastructure or on projects that result in benefits to the public. It is the responsibility of property owners to perform any necessary work on their own private properties. This may include non-county maintained roadways as well as private easements. However, assistance for storm or flood damage recovery may be available from various charitable or volunteer organizations. Please contact Pinal County Emergency Management at 520-866-6684 for more information on this.

Information regarding flood events is used to determine where funds should allocated for future improvements projects and where the floodplain maps may need to be updated.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Pinal County Flood Control District?
2. What is the purpose of the Pinal County Flood Control District?
3. How is the Pinal County Flood Control District Funded?
4. What does the Pinal County Flood Control District regulate?
5. What is a local floodplain and how does it differ from FEMA floodplains?
6. The wash on my property is eroding or experiencing sediment deposition, what should I do?
7. I experienced property/structure damage from a flood, what assistance can the Pinal County Flood Control District provide me?
8. Who is responsible for maintenance of drainage facilities on or near my property?
9. There’s water in my retention basin, who comes out to help?
10. If I want to install a block wall or fence, are there any places I should avoid?
11. What is considered a wash?
12. Can I re-route a wash on my property?
13. What is required for building in a floodplain?
14. How far from a wash do I need to build my house? Why?
15. Is my property buildable?
16. I am looking at purchasing some property in Pinal County and need to know if it’s a good investment. Should I buy this property?
17. Can I install a culvert on a wash crossing my property? How big does the culvert need to be?
18. My neighbor filled in a wash, what can I do?
19. How much does flood insurance cost?
20. How much does an elevation certificate cost?
21. There is water ponding after recent rains and now we have mosquitos. Can you help us?
22. What is the best way to find out what flood zone a property is in?
23. I want to put in a shade structure for my animals. Does that require a flood plain use permit?
24. How much extra time is involved in permitting when a floodplain use permit is required?
25. The culverts under the roadway are blocked with debris. Who do I call to get them cleaned out?
26. The growth of vegetation in the wash is causing flows to be diverted. Does the Flood Control District clear out the vegetation?
27. I’ve lived here for 30 years and never seen it flood, how can I be in a floodplain?