A Provisional Ballot is completed by a voter when any one of the following issues apply:
- Insufficient or no identification presented at the polling place.
- The voter's name was not found in the poll roster.
- The poll roster indicates that the voter requested a ballot by mail.
- The voter has changed their name without updating their voter registration.
- Voter moved to a new address within the county but did not update their voter registration.
If the Provisional Ballot was issued due to insufficient identification, the voter has 3 days to present valid identification to any one of our Recorder's Offices after the election. Our Recorder's Offices are located in Florence, Casa Grande, Apache Junction, Maricopa, and San Tan Valley.
Based on the information provided, the Recorder's Office determines if a Provisional Ballot can be counted.