3675 E Hunt Highway
San Tan Valley, AZ 85143
COVID-19 Pioneer Justice Court Update
The Arizona Supreme Court has issued Administrative Order No.2020-79 regarding court procedures to maintain a safe and healthy environment during the COVID-19 national and state emergencies.
Per AO Number 2020-79 (PDF):
- The Pioneer Justice Court will remain open as required by law. However, we have been granted the authority to suspend some statutory or rule timelines and make modifications as deemed necessary to avoid the spread among the public.
- This means that although any case type can still be “filed”, we may be continuing/postponing hearing dates. Other hearings may be held telephonically.
- Orders of Protection may still be requested and issued without delay. Those seeking such an order should enter the online AZ Point portal to start the process, then call the court with your petition confirmation number generated by the program for your next steps.
- Per AO No.2020- 79, masks must be worn to enter the court facility.
The Pioneer Justice Court is just as concerned as you are about the spread of this Novel Coronavirus; we are adapting our plans every day. We are taking the following steps to enhance a safe environment.
- Enhanced cleaning of all public and staff areas including counters, courtrooms, hearing rooms, restrooms, and more.
- Allowing telephonic appearance on cases when appropriate.
- Increased emphasis to staff on frequent and thorough handwashing.
- Hand sanitizer is available to staff and the public at counters and in courtrooms.
We will always act in the best interests of the community and will provide updates when and if the situation changes.
We are here to help resolve all your cases. Please call or email us with questions regarding your case.