Pinal County is pleased to announce that Anu Jain has been appointed as Director of Air Quality, having served as Interim Director since last July.
Anu has been with the Air Quality Department since 2002, progressively rising through the department over the past 21 years. She first joined the County as a Permit Engineer and then later promoted to Air Quality Permitting Manager.
Anu will lead an Air Quality Department of 14 staff, and report to Deputy County Manager Himanshu Patel, who said, "It's always a great pleasure to be able to promote from within, and in Anu's case, a dedicated employee who has worked her way through the ranks, given most of her career to the County, and has the trust and respect of those in her department and across Pinal County."
Prior to joining the County, Anu worked in the private sector as an environmental engineer and is a graduate of Arizona State University with a bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering.
Anu is the second long-serving staff member to be promoted to the Director position in their Department this month, following Merissa Mendoza's appointment as Public Health Director.
The Pinal County Air Quality Department provides the following functions and services:
* Monitoring, reporting, and forecasting ambient air quality levels
* Permitting for open burning and earthmoving/construction (dust) projects
* Permitting for industrial/commercial facilities
* Compliance/Enforcement (Summary Reports) - Conduct proactive and reactive inspections regarding open burning, dust, and industrial/commercial facilities
* Planning rules & regulatory actions (rulemaking, contributing to State Implementation Plans, etc.)
* Administers the mandated Travel Reduction Program in Pinal County's portion of "Area A"
Find out more at https://pinal.gov/airquality