- Economic Development
- Business Connections
- Getting Started
- Starting a Tourism Based Business
Starting a Tourism Based Business
If the business is in Pinal County and within an incorporated city/town, you would need to check with the city/town about their business license requirements.
If the business is within the unincorporated part of the county, you would need to make sure that the business "fits" the zoning requirements of the business location. Call Community Development to find out at 520-866-6442.
It is also recommended to contact the Arizona State Department of Revenue to find out about the taxes associated with businesses. They can be reached at 602-255-2060.
If you need to register your business name, or research an existing business name, please use the following link to the Arizona Secretary of State webpage. Pinal County does not collect nor register business names, etc. This would be done through the Arizona Secretary of State's office.
Go to the Arizona Commerce Authority's free online Checklist Program designed to easily navigate information on what you need to know, who you need to contact, and where you need to go to license your business in Arizona. It also includes contact information for statewide resources and assistance to accelerate your business growth.
Tourism Business Resources
- Central Arizona College Small Business Development Center
Look under Business Outreach
- Arizona Office of Tourism
- Arizona Corporation Commission (register your Corporation or Limited Liability Company) and check for name availability
- Arizona Secretary of State (register your trade name and other resources)
- US Small Business Administration (SBA)
- SCORE: Counselors to Small Business