- Our County
- Public Works
- Flood Control District
- Floodplain Regulations
The Pinal County Flood Control District strives to regulate safe building in flood hazard areas. By following some simple guidelines and respecting our environment and the property rights of others, we can all build homes and structures that survive the rain storms while protecting our families, possessions, and neighbors. Our goal is to minimize the loss of life and property from flooding by regulating floodplain development and adhering to the provisions of the law.
A.R.S § 48-3647 requires the Pinal County Flood Control District to publish a directory summarizing the subject matter of all of the currently applicable ordinances, codes, regulations, and substantive policy statements in one location as they pertain to development in the floodplain. This webpage will serve as such a directory.
Laws / Regulations
The following list of laws governs the way that floodplains are developed in Pinal County. When reviewing permit applications and engineering reports, the Pinal County Flood Control District ensures all proposed projects meet the minimum provisions of these governing documents.
- Pinal County Drainage Ordinance (PDF)
- Pinal County Floodplain Ordinance (PDF)
- Pinal County Subdivision Regulations
State of Arizona
Arizona Revised Statutes
The following is a list of Pinal County technical references, guidelines, and manuals. This list is not meant to be all-inclusive and may not be applicable in all situations. Additional technical references can also be found on the websites for the Arizona Department of Transportation, Arizona Department of Water Resources (ADWR), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and U.S. Geological Survey.
- Pinal County ADMP Rules of Development (PDF)
- Pinal County Drainage Manual Volume I (PDF)
- Pinal County Drainage Manual Volume II (PDF)
- Amendment to Pinal County Drainage Manual
- Pinal County Subdivision and Infrastructure Design Manual
- Sand and Gravel Application Guidelines (PDF)
- Stormwater Ordinance (PDF)