State law requires all dogs over the age of three months to be vaccinated against rabies. The license requirement is to allow city or county agencies to ensure that the dog has a current rabies vaccination. It also gives animal control agencies a way to identify the owner of an impounded animal so they can get the animal back home.

How to Get a License

You must have a copy of a current rabies vaccination certificate from a licensed veterinarian that is good for at least one year.

Here are three ways you can obtain a license:

  • You can come in person to the administrative office/shelter and purchase your license at our location:
    1150 S Eleven Mile Corner Road
    Casa Grande, AZ 85194
  • You can choose to mail the vaccination certificate to our office at the address listed above along with the license fee and the license will be mailed back to you.
  • You can do everything online: Dog License Application

You can find low-cost vaccinations in Pinal County at:

Licensing Fees

Visit our Fees & Deposits page 

Pay Licensing Fee

To make online payments, please use our Point and Pay Portal.

You can pay the following fees:

  • Adoption Fees
  • Make a Donation
  • Impound Fees
  • License Fees

For Kennel Permits information, view our Kennel Permits page.

Online Forms