In the Justice Court, you may file a small claims lawsuit claiming an amount up to and including $3,500. You may also ask for reimbursement of court costs and/or attorney fees.
If you wish to file a lawsuit for an amount over $3,500 up to and including $10,000, you may file a civil lawsuit in the justice court. If you wish to sue for an amount greater than $10,000 then you must file your lawsuit in the Superior Court.
Instructions for Filing a Small Claims Case
Read the Small Claims Packet (PDF) before filling out your form. Determine the proper venue for filing your claim. Select the name of the court by clicking the drop down arrow at the top of the form.
If you need additional information beyond what is contained in this website, you may use the Law Library at the Pinal County Superior Court in Florence, Arizona. Court clerks cannot give legal advice. If you want legal advice, you must contact an attorney.
Fill in all the fields that apply to you as the plaintiff or defendant. You will not be able to type information into those parts of the form reserved for court staff.
Print out at least three completed copies of the form and bring them to the court with your fee (copy for you and a copy for each defendant listed).
You also may bring one completed form and have the court make four copies for you (you will be charged a $0.50 per page copy fee if you choose this method).
If You Are a Defendant Filing a Counterclaim
If you are a defendant filing a counterclaim, the instructions for filling out and filing a counterclaim are the same as those for filing an initial Small Claims complaint. When filing the counterclaim you must submit your answer to the plaintiff's complaint at the same time you submit your counterclaim filing.
Note: You can save completed forms to your computer's hard drive. If you want to clear the entire form to start over, click on the reset tab at the bottom of the page.
- Request to Small Claims Transfer to Civil Division (PDF)
- Small Claims - Answer LJSC00004F (PDF)
- Small Claims - Change of Venue LJSC00011F (PDF)
- Small Claims - Complaint LJSC00001F (PDF)
- Small Claims - Counterclaim LJSC00005F (PDF)
- Small Claims - Defendant Checklist LJSC00006I (PDF)
- Small Claims - Motion to Vacate Judgment LJSC00015F (PDF)
- Small Claims - Notice of Settlement LJSC00014F (PDF)
- Small Claims - Obtaining Default Judge Guide LJSC00008I (PDF)
- Small Claims - Plaintiff Checklist LJSC00002I (PDF)
- Small Claims - Proof Service Registered Mail LJSC00003F (PDF)
- Small Claims - Request for Continuance LJSC00009F (PDF)
- Small Claims - Summons LJSC00002F (PDF)
- Small Claims - Voluntary Dismissal LJSC00010F (PDF)
Small Claims Forms for Casa Grande & Western Pinal Justice Courts
If filing a Small Claims Complaint or if you need Small Claims forms of any kind for the Casa Grande Justice Court or the Western Pinal Justice Court, please use the forms below. If filing into one of the courts mentioned and you do not use the forms below, the court may refuse your filing.
- Small Claims - Answer (PDF)
- Small Claims - Continuance (PDF)
- Small Claims - Counterclaim (PDF)
- Small Claims - Petition (PDF)
- Small Claims - Request for Additional Time to Serve (PDF)
- Small Claims - Service (PDF)
- Small Claims - Summons (PDF)
- Small Claims - Transfer to Civil (PDF)
- Small Claims - Vacate Judgement (PDF)