Air Quality provides the following functions and services:
- Monitoring, reporting, and forecasting ambient air quality levels
- Permitting for open burning and earthmoving/construction (dust) projects
- Permitting for industrial/commercial facilities
- Compliance/Enforcement - conducts proactive and reactive inspections regarding open burning, dust, and industrial/commercial facilities
- Planning (rulemaking, contributing to State Implementation Plans, etc.)
- Administers the mandated Travel Reduction Program in Pinal County's portion of "Area A"