There are things we can all do to protect ourselves and the people around us from getting or spreading COVID-19.
Pinal County Public Health continues to encourage the community to wear face coverings to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Please keep in mind people may not be showing any symptoms. Wearing face coverings, staying 6 feet away from others, and frequently washing hands remains the best way to protect others and yourself.
These simple actions will lessen your chances of catching COVID-19 and spreading it to others:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Ready.gov have additional tips for individuals, families, and households:
- CDC's preparation checklist for individuals and families
- Ready.gov's checklist of items to have on hand in a pandemic, including over-the-counter medications, prescription medications, and food and water
- CDC's tips for cleaning and disinfecting
Need a face mask? ADHS has free face masks you can order
For the latest information and data on COVID-19 in Arizona