Superior Court employees are provided benefits through Pinal County, in partnership with Arizona Metropolitan Trust. In addition to standard benefits such as medical, dental, and vision; there are many optional benefits available to employees. These include flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, life insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, and an employee assistance program.
- Benefits Information
- Pinal County Benefits Guide Fiscal Year 2019/2020
If you have questions about your benefits, please contact Pinal County Benefits Coordinator Kathleen Markham at [email protected] or 520-866-6245.
Retirement Plan participation is mandatory for all eligible Superior Court employees.
Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020: The mandatory pre-tax deduction total is 12.11%; Retirement contribution is 11.94% and Long Term Disability (LTD) is 0.17%. (Phone: 800-621-3778)
July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021: The mandatory pre-tax deduction total is 12.22%; Retirement contribution is 12.04% and Long Term Disability (LTD) is 0.18%.
Corrections Officer Retirement Plan (CORP) July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020:
Tier 1 and Tier 2 members: The mandatory pre-tax deduction total is 8.41%. Tier 3 members: The mandatory pre-tax deduction total is 10/18%.
Contribution rate is 7% plus 0.7% for the DC Plan Disability Program for a total of 7.7%. You may elect to pay as little as 5% up to 40%, however this choice is irrevocable, meaning it is final and will continue throughout your CORP career(Phone: 602-255-5575)
CORP Changes Effective July 1, 2018
The pending retirement benefit reforms do not impact CORP active members or retirees. The changes only apply to those hired on or after July 1, 2018.
The CORP reform videos are to assist Detention, Probation and Surveillance Officers to better understand the CORP reform.
2018 CORP Pension Reform Overview (Video 1)
This video covers the basic reforms that go into effect on July 1, 2018.
This video is for Detention Officers and provides more in-depth look at the Tier 3 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan.
- Please note that you must decide within 90 days of employment what your contribution rate will be (minimum 5% up to 40% of your pay). This decision is irrevocable meaning it is final and will continue throughout your corrections/detention career.
- Employer match is 5% of your annual salary.
Retirement Options for AOC Officers (Video 3)
This video is for AOC Probation and Surveillance Officers and provides an in-depth look at the retirement benefit choices for Officers in these positions.
- Please note that you have 90 days from your start date to make a decision about which plan (Tier 3 Defined Benefit (DB) Plan or Tier 3 Defined Contribution (DC)Plan) you prefer.
- Fiscal Year 2019 to 2020 Rates:
- Tier 3 DB member contribution rate is 10.18% and varies year to year;
- Tier 3 DC member contribution rate is 7% plus 0.7% for the DC Plan Disability Program for a total of 7.7%. You may elect to pay as little as 5% up to 40%, however this choice is irrevocable, meaning it is final and will continue throughout your CORP career.
Do you still need help deciding which plan or contribution rate is best for you?
PSPRS / CORP has partnered with Public Safety Financial/Galloway to provide experienced, unbiased financial help at no cost to you. You can contact an advisor Monday through Friday during regular business hours at 480-325-8668 or toll free 877-778-2351. PSPRS does not endorse fee-based asset management services.
Deferred Compensation Changes
The Board of Supervisors have approved an additional 457 Deferred Compensation plan administered by Nationwide. Your current 457 Plans (traditional Deferred Comp and after tax ROTH) are still available to you. To learn more about these plans, the differences and flexibility of each, and how to best tailor your Supplemental Retirement plan please schedule a one-one-one meeting with the Nationwide representative.
Employee Assistance Program
The SupportLinc program provides support, resources and information to you and your family on a confidential basis. For more information please see the SupportLinc Brochure (PDF), Informational Flyer (PDF) or visit the SupportLinc website (Username: azmt, Password: linc123).
Long Term Disability
For a complete overview of the Long Disability Plan for members of the Arizona State Retirement System visit the ASRS website, and navigate to the Non- Retired Member section - Long Term Disability.
Abenity Employee Discount Program
Pinal County has joined a new discount program with Abenity. You will need to sign up for the perks program. The Registration Code is: Pinal
Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University is a proud partner with Pinal County and pleased to offer exclusive benefits through our Educational Alliance Participant Program. 10% scholarship toward tuition for online and cohort degree programs. Participating employees not only gain confidence in their ability to excel in our rigorous programs, but they also come to appreciate the doors that open with an advanced degree. Email Tracy Mawhorter to learn more.
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Liberty Mutual has partnered with Pinal County, Arizona to offer employees special savings on quality auto and home insurance.* Please call your agent, Jarrett Christianson at 480-308-5428 or visit Liberty Mutual to get a free quote. *Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may qualify.
Jabz Boxing is proud offer a 17% discount will be offered on our unlimited use memberships that require a four month commitment. The regular price of this membership is $119 per month. A $20 discount will be applied for Pinal County employees resulting in a $99 per month rate for our unlimited use membership with a four month commitment.